DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Q4 2018 Global Ammonia Capacity and Capital Expenditure Outlook – Dangote Industries Ltd and Nagarjuna Fertilizers Lead Global Capacity Additions” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com‘s offering.
The report reveals that Dangote Industries Ltd and Nagarjuna Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd leads among the key companies in terms of global capacity additions, with an estimated capacity addition of 2.9 mtpa (3 plants) and 2.0 mtpa (4 plants) respectively.
Global Ammonia capacity is expected to experience considerable growth between 2017 and 2026, increasing from 230 million tons per annum (mtpa) in 2017 to more than 280 mtpa by 2026, led by Asia and the Middle East as near about 100 planned and announced plants are scheduled to come online, predominantly in Asia and the Middle East, over the next nine years.
Within Asia, India plans to add a total capacity of approximately 8.6 mtpa by 2026 with the help of 18 planned and announced ammonia plants. Major capacity additions will be from Nagarjuna Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd and Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd. Domestic producers in India are set to have large capacity additions, primarily targeting the country’s increasing fertilizer demand and import substitution.
Within the region of Middle East and Africa, Iran has 21 planned and announced ammonia plants, with a total capacity of 8.4 mtpa by 2026. Nigeria plans to spend US$7.21bn and add capacity of roughly 6.6 mtpa, expected to come onstream by 2026. In Nigeria, Dangote Industries Ltd is setting up large ammonia plants, primarily targeting domestic fertilizer demand and other export markets in the region.
The US has nine planned and announced ammonia plants, with a capacity of around 3.1 mtpa over the next nine years, and plans to spend US$3.23bn. Major capacity additions will be from Cronus Corporation and Ohio Valley Resources LLC.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
2. Global Ammonia Capacity and Capital Expenditure Outlook
- Key Highlights
- New Plant Announcements
- New Plant Cancellations
- Global Ammonia Capacity Contribution by Region
- Global Ammonia Capacity Contribution by Active, Planned, and Announced Plants, 2018
- Key Companies by Ammonia Capacity Contribution (% Share), 2017
- Key Countries by Active Global Capacity Contribution to Ammonia Industry
- Key Feedstocks by Capacity Contribution to Global Ammonia Industry
- Capacity Contributions to Global Ammonia Industry by Feedstock
- Regional Capacity Additions from Planned and Announced Plants
- Key Countries’ Capacity Additions from Planned and Announced Plants
- Key Companies’ Capacity Additions from Planned and Announced Plants
- Regional Capex Spending on Planned and Announced Plants
- Key Countries’ Capex Spending on Planned and Announced Plants
3. Global Planned and Announced Ammonia Plants
For more information about this report visit www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rr2c3b/global_ammonia?w=4