For more info and free quotes, please visit: compare-autoinsurance.org/top-tips-for-the-elderly-to-get-better-car-insurance/
Statistically, drivers that are 70 years old or older are more likely to be involved in car accidents. For this reason, the insurance companies will place the senior drivers in the high-risk category.
Senior drivers that are looking for better car insurance rates should follow the next tips:
- Check the low-mileage discount. Usually, senior drivers don’t have to commute to the workplace. Insurance companies will offer substantial discounts to those drivers that drive fewer miles than a certain amount.
- Enroll in a defensive driving course. Senior drivers will have the chance to recap the theoretical knowledge and improve their driving skills. Besides that, they will also learn how aging and medication affect driving and how to better accommodate to those changes.
- Install anti-theft devices. Insurance companies will provide significant discounts to the senior drivers that are willing to make their cars safer. To do that, senior drivers can install electronic alarms, ignition kill switches, vehicle tracking systems, or other devices that can make a vehicle safer. But before installing any of these devices, senior citizens should check with their insurer what anti-theft devices are approved.
- Insure a cheaper car. New car models are expensive to insure. Senior drivers are recommended to insure a slightly used car that has several safety features already installed.
- Pay for the whole policy in advance. Senior drivers can save as much as 10% of the whole policy cost by choosing to pay it all at once.
- Use online car insurance quotes. Senior drivers are recommended to compare at least three online car insurance quotes if they are searching for a better insurance deal. To finish this task faster, senior drivers are recommended to use a brokerage website.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.