OLDWICK, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–In this AMBestTV episode from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ Summer Meeting in New York, NY, insurance regulators and industry participants say the meetings provide a forum to clarify important insurance issues. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=naic1819 to view the entire program.
“I really rely on my colleagues around the country to give me ideas, experiences and examples — things that they have seen and done in their states — that I can bring back as solutions to improve insurance coverage for Pennsylvanians, and this meeting is the perfect place to do that,” said Jessica Altman, commissioner, Pennsylvania Insurance Department.
Other people that appear in this episode:
- Paul Brown, director, industry relations, government affairs, AM Best;
- Doug Ommen, commissioner, Iowa Insurance Division;
- Allen Kerr, commissioner, Arkansas Insurance Department;
- John Huff, president and CEO, Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers;
- Linda Lacewell, superintendent, New York State Department of Financial Services; and
- Eric Cioppa, president, NAIC.
AMBestTV also recently spoke to leading captive insurance executives at the annual Vermont Captive Insurance Conference in Burlington, VT. For exclusive interviews, please visit http://www.ambest.tv/vcia19. Coverage from that event includes:
- Captive Insurance Leaders Say the Sector Provides a Sense of Purpose: Attendees at the VCIA conference said supporting the captive sector helps policyholders, members and the larger society: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=vcia4919.
- Born as Innovations, Captives Find New Ways to Provide Coverage, Services: A panel of industry executives join AM Best Managing Director John Andre in discussing the rating agency’s approach to insurance innovation and how captive insurers are finding their own ways to innovate: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=innovationpanel819
- As Insurance Market Hardens, Captive Sector Poised for Growth: Rising insurance prices for property, trucking and other lines are spurring organizations to explore ways to cover their own risk or better manage deductibles: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=vcia1819.
- Regulators Say Overseeing Captives Requires a Different Perspective: Captive regulators Dave Provost of Vermont and Debbie Walker of North Carolina said regulators take a closer look at captives’ business issues because captive sponsors are typically sophisticated organizations that voluntarily commit their capital: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=regulators819.
- Rated Captives Build Surplus, Outperform Commercial Sector, Says AM Best Associate Director: Fred Eslami, associate director, AM Best, examines a new report that finds captive insurance organizations rated by AM Best have been growing surplus, returning dividends and reporting better combined ratios than the overall commercial insurance sector: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=captivereport819.
AM BestTV covers exclusive AM Best and insurance industry information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the insurance, reinsurance and related sectors daily. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View AM BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
AM Best is a global rating agency and information provider with a unique focus on the insurance industry. Visit www.ambest.com for more information.
Copyright © 2019 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.