Increase in health awareness is expected to be a prime factor driving the market growth; the rising incidences of mental disorders are also expected to grow the market demand in the future.
Market Size – USD 13.31 Billion in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 1.8%, Market Trends –
The increase in predominance of mental disorders in various parts of the region is fuelling the market growth.
NEW YORK, April 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global Neuroleptics Market is estimated to reach USD 15.41 Billion by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. This can be mainly associated with the rising incidence of psychosis and other related diseases. The major factors responsible for the rising incidence of these disorders include substance-induced psychoses, genetic mutations, and physical illness that lead to depression. Growing drug abuse, addiction to Neuroleptics drugs and over prescription of drugs are also some of the notable factors that are contributing to the growth of the market. Additional factors such as high investments in research and development and the introduction of new and developed Neuroleptics compounds are expected to stimulate the market growth further.
Anti-psychotic drugs, also called neuroleptics or tranquilizers, are a particular type of medication that is used for treating schizophrenia or bipolar disorder mostly. They are used to treat psychosis, including delusions, hallucinations, and disordered thought of paranoia, among others. These drugs prevent the dopamine receptors in the dopaminergic pathways of the brain, by controlling the effect of dopamine, which is directly connected to the psychotic encounters. The growing predominance of mental illness meanwhile has led to massive consumption of Neuroleptics. National Alliance of Mental Illness conducted a research in 2015 which says, 1 in 5 adults is experiencing mental issues. However, use of these drugs for a long time can result in side effects like involuntary movement disorder and metabolic syndrome, eventually leading to rising mortality in the population with dementia.
North America accounts for the largest market share of 22.30% in 2018. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during the forecast period. Many people with physical disorders suffer from co-occurring disorders. An increasing predominance of mental health disorders, such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, is driving the growth of the Neuroleptics market in North America.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Neuroleptics drugs are used as medicines to treat severe mental health conditions such as psychosis as well as other mental and emotional disorders. They are also prescribed to treat pain and stubborn hiccoughs that can occur from restlessness during palliative care.
- It helps to manage the symptoms of psychosis along with less severe mental health conditions such as mood and bipolar disorder that may grow into later psychosis. These drugs decrease or increase the impact of neurotransmitters in the brain to regulate levels according to the need. Neurotransmitters help to transfer information throughout the brain. The neurotransmitters affected include noradrenaline, dopamine, and serotonin.
- Psychosis is a critical mental condition where a patient loses contact with reality. The disease often includes delusions or hallucinations. The patient may often hear voices and sounds that aren’t there when encountering hallucinations, while delusions related to psychosis involves perceptions or thoughts that aren’t based on reality.
- Schizophrenia under the disease segment accounts for the largest market share of 39.30% in 2018. It is a type of mental disorder described by false thinking, hearing imaginary voices, the decrease in social engagement, and absence of motivation.
- A person with schizophrenia can also suffer from other mental health problems such as major depressive disorder (MDD), anxiety disorder, and substance use disorder.
- The Depression sector of the disease segment accounts for the second largest share of 32.20% in 2018 and is one of the major factors that are driving the market growth.
- The second generation accounts for the largest share of 37.86% in 2018. It is also known as atypical Neuroleptics that include risperidone, paliperidone, clozapine, asenapine, sertindole, olanzapine, quetiapine. These are used for the treatment of schizophrenia and have swiftly begun replacing the older, first-generation Neuroleptics.
- Second generation product are also known as atypical agents. They act as broad-spectrum antagonists of dopamine, alpha-noradrenergic and serotonin receptors.
- The market players are primarily focused on developing new technologies to meet the requirements of users. Various companies are also involved in numerous merger & acquisitions as their essential strategy is to maintain sufficient market share. These factors are expected to have a positive impact on industry growth over the next few years.
- Key participants include AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly, Johnson & Johnson, Alkermes, Actavis Generics, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Allergen, Otsuka and Pfizer.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented global Neuroleptics Market on the basis of Product, End User, Disease, and region:
End User Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- First-generation Drugs
- Second-generation Drugs
- Third-generation Drugs
Disease Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- Unipolar Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2016-2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help clients make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Direct Line: +1-800-819-3052